ILM Level 5 Leadership and Management Qualification
The ILM level 5 certificate is a qualification at degree level. SPVS has tailored this programme to deliver results for yourself, your staff, and your practice whilst still achieving the rigour demanded by an accredited qualification at this level.
Who is this qualification for?
The Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is specifically designed for those Leaders who have responsibilities for:
• Developing the Vision and longer-term goals
• Creating the annual strategic business plan
• Communicating and monitoring the Practice priorities
• Stimulating innovation and enterprise within the Practice
• Supporting and developing staff to achieve greater results
• Inspiring others to plan for change
• Improving the profitability of the Practice
The Certificate builds upon and broadens the leadership and management skills gained through experience. The workshops focus on providing practical examples with lots of opportunity to discuss how leadership theory works best, in real situations in your Practice.
The Programme consists of 4 Modules:
• Understanding the Management Role to improve performance
• Effective Leadership
• Management Communications
• Developing people in the workplace
Each of the modules will be run over two workshops (2 months) as you will be required to assess and evaluate your own Practice and decide what works best for you, given your unique team, i.e. age, experience, skills, personalities, leadership styles, culture, values, history, etc. You will write a short assignment on each module of approx. 3000 words to explain how you have, or will, improve your Practice and / or own performance.