Save Money and Benefit Your Practice
- SPVS have negotiated a range of preferential rates and discounts from a variety of companies and organisations. These deals represent what SPVS believe to be good value for money, and most have been used successfully by at least one member of SPVS Council. However these are not reccommendations, and members are advised that it is their responsibility to ensure the goods and services offered meet their requirements.
New Monitoring of Anaesthesia Qualification for Lay Staff - £100 discount!
- This new SPVS-inspired qualification has been developed by the College of Animal Welfare and Lantra, encouraged and supported by a SPVS working party. According to our figures, only about a third of practices have enough VNs to monitor every anaesthetised patient. The majority use other suitably trained support-staff under the supervision of a veterinary surgeon at least some of the time, while a sizeable minority have no VNs. For the first time these non-VN staff will have the benefit of a standardised and externally assessed course to assist them in this role Click here for more information
New Card Processing Deal with LloydsTSB Cardnet
- We're pleased to announce a new card processing deal with Lloydstsb, which we believe offers very attractive rates. The rates offered are the same for all sizes of business up to £1million card processing per year, so will be particularily attractive for smaller practices - but should be good for all!
Click here for more details.
Keeping up to date with practice matters
- The SPVS Journal is posted out to all members. It is published every two months and aims to contain articles that are informative, interesting, sometimes controversial but always useful to practising veterinary surgeons. It also acts to inform members of the activities SPVS undertakes on their behalf as well as advertise forthcoming SPVS events and review previous ones.
- The e-zine is also produced once every two months and is delivered into a member's in-box free of charge. It is a shortened version of the Journal but can be more immediate in its content.
CPD and practice support
- Early notice of and reduced rates for attendance at Society events, courses and conferences .
- Extensive portfolio of publications, most are free of charge to members, others at reduced cost. Click here for a list of publications)
- Annual fee survey, report issued free to members.
- Annual salaries survey, report issued free to members.
Recent Graduate support
- Access to the Recent Graduate Support Officer for support and advice. email email@example.com
- A portfolio of services targeted at recent graduates. Click here for details.
- reduced membership fees for undergraduates and recent graduates
Advice from those who know
- Email discussion list. Click here for details.
- Access to the Honorary Secretary and Officer team for information and advice on any aspect of life in practice. Email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. .
Health and Safety Fact Sheets
- Introducing a series of H & S fact sheets form Citation, includes Lone working, RIDDOR (Reportable Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurance Regulations), Young persons and children at work and Veterinary medicines inventory. Click here to access these leaflets.
- Occasionally employment issues can become a problem and with the advent of the British Veterinary Union and other employee related advice and guidance facilities, we at SPVS realise that there is a need for guidance for employers. We are therefore pleased to be able to work with Citation to provide assistance to our practice owner and management members by providing this free, confidential helpline for advice on employment law and HR issues. Please click here for more information and details on how to use the helpline.
- Launch of the British Veterinary Union and implications for SPVS members - a fact sheet from Citation, to download the pdf please click here
SPVS Travel Club
Arranged through Benchmark Travel whatever your holiday needs the SPVS Travel Club will try to save you money. Benchmark can access to the best prices and products and unique offers unavailable to the general public and are offering exclusive savings to SPVS members. Click here for further information.